Monday, November 23, 2009

My new home


I took a picture of my home with the garage and of the view from my home, which is the Nauvoo Temple, but I am unable to get them to go on the blog. So I will just say that I am in a lovely home that has a 2 car garage, but it's greatest value is that the first thing I see in the morning is the Nauvoo Temple. It is absolutely gorgeous!!!
I have served in the Pendleton Log School House today and will do so most of the week. We have slates and chalk for people to use and we have them try to use the non-standardized spelling from the past. It's interesting to see how people do with that. I am not very successful. Maybe my mom taught me something after all.
If I can figure out how to get my pictures I will post them.
I feel very blessed to be able to serve in this beautiful city. Every day I am reminded of the great sacrifices of the Saints and how blessed I am that I was born in this Dispensation of Time.

2 comments:

Bressler Bunch said...

Well, at least you have a blog! That's a beginning. Can't wait until you figure out the picture thing so we can see what you are up to.

The day-before-Thanksgiving won't be the same without you here! We will all miss the big gathering, but we are grateful for your example of service.

Anonymous said...

Marcia,
How did you get the temple to tip to its side. That is a miracle.