Friday, August 20, 2010

Burlington

There's the sign I will talk about in the next picture.
The two churches you see coming up have an interesting thing about them, they are both for sale. There are a whole lot of the older church buildings in Burlington that are for sale. I don't know if it's lack of congregation, too costly to repair or why they are, but I found it interesting.

I was driving down the road while taking this picture, so the thing I wanted didn't come in very clearly, but the marquee tells when the Bees baseball game is and then advertises church that evening at 5:30 PM.


One of the old churches in Burlington. That's what I call "Letting the light in".



In case you don't remember your history, that was about the time that Nauvoo was being settled. This is at the welcome center in Burlington just as you cross over the bridge on HWY 34 from Illinois.




2 comments:

Mr C said...

We found all those old churches to be very interesting! In lots of different towns.

Bressler Bunch said...

They are beautiful buildings. You don't see churches built like that much anymore.