Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fall in Nauvoo

You've heard the song April in Paris? Well this is Autumn in Nauvoo. The leaves are very slow turning this year. In fact, when I got here last year, the trees were bare and I wondered if I had come to the right city,but then I saw the temple and I knew I was in the right city. This is taken at the end of the Relief Society garden. It's so shaded in there that you can't get a good picture without a flash, but my flash wouldn't work because I was shooting out into the sun.
This is the John Taylor home and print shop. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to capture the color as I saw it, again, it was the time of day, but you might at least capture the feeling.

Some of the trees have already lost their leaves that is because we had such a wet summer and such a dry fall, but look at how many different kinds of trees you see across the field looking toward the stake center from the front of the temple.


This is the Stake Center surrounded by the fall foilage.



Not one of the great Kodak moments, but you can see the different colors as the leaves turn.




This is right across the street from the temple to the North.







This wasn't the picture I thought it was, but I don't know how to erase one off of the blog once I have loaded it on. So it doesn't capture the fall feeling, but it's a pretty good shot of the temple.




This is taken from my garage. I still maintain that I have the best view in all of Nauvoo.







Right across the street from Land and Records is this marvelous tree. It will be interesting to see how many squirrels stop living there when all the leaves fall off.








4 comments:

The Fendleys said...

Beautiful!!!

Bressler Bunch said...

Fall is the best. But then spring is too, when everything starts to green up again!

Mr C said...

I'm sitting here with Megan and Alexis looking at your pictures. We loved the fall leaves, but we loved the "bobo" not able to delete a picture. Maybe we'll send the 'Youngins" out there to teach you how to work your computer.
:)(from Lexie)

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

When we lived up in Liberty and I was among the tree's, I truely learned to respect nature and it's faces of change. Fall became my most favorite. Yesterday we had the most beautiful fall rain. Today we have the chill of winter coming through our doors. I am so very grateful for a strong warm home. I wouldn't mind having that amazing few of the Nauvoo Temple though. John and I are talking about visiting it before you leave still. Hope we can work it out. I say, let's drive, he says, let's fly. We have to get over that issue first.

Have a wonderful day, we are taking dinner to Jared's family. They are now in their beautiful new home.

Hugs
cindy g