Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Nauvoo Temple in a storm

This picture hangs in Lands and Records. It was taken a top the old Joseph Smith Academy, the place I stayed my first two years here. Notice the lightning all around it. I have seen that lightning surrond the pageant, but it did not come over the pageant site until the show was over and the boys were down out of the light towers. It also reminds me of the peace that comes with the temple and that it stands as a refuge from the storm, not just the physical, but the emotional spiritual storms. I think this is about the fifth or sixth picture of the temple I have posted, but I've decided each view of the Nauvoo Temple has its own magnificence. I'm still amazed that it stands outside my window as a reminder that we are members of the Church of Jesus Christ, led by living prophets.

1 comment:

Bressler Bunch said...

Cool pictures. I love storms.