Monday, January 4, 2010

Third President of the Church

Although it has not been proven that the watch stopped the bullets, or if the fall against the window by the bullets striking Elder Taylor broke the watch, this faithful man was willing to put his life on the line for the prophet, Joseph Smith. His record gives an invaluable account of the events of that awful day and even gives us the exact time of the martyrdom. He recorded in his journal, "My life has been preserved for a reason". That reason, among others, was to be the third president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

2 comments:

Mr C said...

You just ruined that story for me. I always thought the watch stopped the bullets. I thought that was a great story! You look great! I love your costumes. You will HATE them come summer. They are so hot in the humidity. I only wore one for a couple of days and thought I would die! You're doing a wonderful work.

Bressler Bunch said...

I'm sticking with the watch saving his life. I like that story, too!