Thursday, January 14, 2010

WIlford Woodruff and Me

Sorry, I'm standing in front of the hymn books. The dogs on the mantle belonged to Wilford and Phebe. This is how he looked when he lived here in Nauvoo. We are more used to him with the white beard that he had when he was President of the Church. I was reading in his journal and someone finished the last few days, but they wrote something that reminds me of Mr. Magorium's Magic Emporium. When they noted the date of his death, they simply recorded, "He dies". What else could you say about such a marvelous man who devoted his life to bringing himself, his family and others to Christ? His work still goes on as he serves on the other side of the veil. And I'm sure Phebe is right there beside him.

3 comments:

Bressler Bunch said...

Thanks for the info you put on your blog. It's fun to learn history and see all the things you get to see everyday. You are tempting me to make a trip east next summer!

Mr C said...

I agree with Julie. It has been so fun to see (and read) so many details. Even being there 3 weeks wasn't long enough to see everything. I'll bet you are seeing and learning things you didn't know even after 3 summers.
Thanks!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. What a beautiful place your in. I bet the spirit is a wonderful one.

cindy@stitches